Project Purple is excited to launch a new program in collaboration with Nutré to provide meal assistance for pancreatic cancer patients. In our partnership, we hope to provide healthy and convenient meals to our patients and their families so they can further focus on recovering from pancreatic cancer. This guide will answer and guide you through some frequently asked questions to help understand how to receive your meals!
- Patients will receive 2 or 4 month subscriptions
based on demonstrated financial need.
- Patients will place orders directly with Nutré at GoNutre.com
- Patients will have their choice of meals, including gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, diabetic-friendly, low-sodium, low-carb, low-calorie and vegetarian meal plans!
To apply for nutrition assistance, the patient must:
- Reside in the United States AND
- Live in one of these states:
MA, NH, RI, CT, VT, ME, NY, NJ, PA
- Be in active treatment for pancreatic cancer.
- Have an email address and access to a computer.
- Know and understand your dietary restrictions.
- Understand the patient is responsible for ordering meals online.
- Fill out the application online or download it and fill out all relevant fields.
- Gather all required documents. See “Program Reference Guide” and “Doctors Guide” for details.
- Submit application and documents by mail, email, fax, or online.
See “Program Reference Guide” for contact information.
- Project Purple will notify you when we receive your submission.
- Upon acceptance, Project Purple will email you with your gift card code to be used on GoNutre.com
- Create your account at GoNutre.com to make an account and begin to order!
Frequently Asked Questions
You are eligible if you live in the following states:
MA, NH, RI, CT, VT, ME, NY, NJ, or PA
See gonutre.com/faq for more information. You will also need to fill out and provide the attached application and include all required documents. In addition, to create your account and order meals, you must have access to a computer and email account.
Nutre meals are fresh precooked meals, not frozen, delivered weekly! They pride themselves on being able to provide fresh, delicious, and nutritious meals to their clients.
Their packages are designed to keep your food fresh for up to a week after delivery or the “Best By” date on the package. After 7 days, we suggest freezing any unopened meals.
At this time, they cannot make meals specifically for diets or allergies but do have many categories to choose from! These healthy meals include gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, diabetic-friendly, low sodium, low carb, low calorie (Weight Loss), high-protein, and vegetarian.
You have the option every week to choose the meals you would prefer!
After your first week of ordering, our software will begin learning your meal preferences and will provide you with a weekly autogenerated order. You can either keep the order we have created or choose your own meals! If an order is not placed, the autogenerated order will ship automatically, unless a pause is placed on the account.
Note: Project Purple is NOT responsible for ordering meals. You or a caretaker must complete the meal selection and ordering process each week online. Patients must know and understand their own dietary restrictions. Project Purple is not responsible for the ordering, transporting, packaging or quality of any food received.
Patients will receive a 2 or 4-month grant based on demonstrated need. The amount will be granted via an e-gift card, which will vary based on family size.
Plans are designed to cover approximately 7 lunches per week, per person up to 5 people.
However, patients are free to use their gift card for any variety of pre-made meals, bulk food, snacks, or drinks Nutré has to offer. Whether at home or traveling to treatment- our goal is to provide healthy and easy food to meet your family’s needs.
Nutre’s system requires that a credit/debit card be kept on file upon registration of your account. This DOES NOT mean that your account will be charged. However, if the gift card balance doesn’t cover the full cost of your order, the leftover amount will be charged to the card on file. You can always check your remaining card balance on the “Upcoming Orders” tab of our website.
Upon acceptance into our program, we will email your provided email address with your gift card code. You will then need to create an account online at gonutre.com to redeem your gift card code to your account balance.
You will receive a new giftcard once per month (depending on your subscription start date). When making your account, you can enter your first giftcard in the “Enter Payment Information” section. Look for the “Enter Promo Code” prompt on the right hand side. For subsequent gift cards, they can be entered in the subscription tab under “Enter Promo Code”. If you encounter any problems with your code, you can call the Nutré service line at 844-466-8873.