From exhilarating fitness events, challenges, and marathons to innovative and imaginative approaches, we thrive on fundraising in dynamic ways. Our dedication extends to empowering your individuality and creative endeavors, all aimed at raising awareness and making a powerful impact in the battle against pancreatic cancer.
That’s why we’ve made it simple to host your own Project Purple fundraising event so you can continue the fight for a world free from pancreatic cancer. All donations from third-party events will directly help patients through our patient financial aid program. This program helps patients in need afford their daily living expenses and medical bills so they can focus on battling pancreatic cancer.
Creative Ideas for Events
Over the years, members of our community have hosted various events to raise funds and awareness for pancreatic cancer research and patient aid. Some of our recent successful events include:
- The Horner Hustle 5K Fun Run/Walk in Park Ridge, Illinois, which is still going strong with an event every year since its founding in 2018.
- Big Stu’s BBQ, another successful family event in Skokie, Illinois. They host a family-style barbecue each year with raffles, auctions, and more.
- Fancy Nancy Memorial Golf tournament, held the Thursday before Mother’s day in Massachusetts.
- The Notre Dame-Fairfield boys’ high school hockey team hosted a Project Purple fund raising event in honor of Carolyn “MeMe” LaSalle’s battle with pancreatic cancer.
- Looking to run any race in the world for Project Purple? Check out our pioneer program.
We believe almost anything can make a successful Project Purple fundraiser, so be creative and organize your own event. Let us know how we can assist you! Some exciting fundraising ideas include:
- Involve your friends in Super Bowl Squares or a March Madness bracket
- Organize a yard sale or lemonade stand in your neighborhood
- Initiate a 5k in your locality with your running group
- Participate in a polar plunge and create a Project Purple fundraising page
- Collaborate with a local restaurant or brewery for a dine-to-donate fundraiser
- Host a poker night
- Dedicate a high school, college, or even professional sporting event to pancreatic cancer research and patient financial aid
- Commence an indoor golf tournament
- Start a raffle or silent auction
Donating Your Funds
Once your event is over, here’s how you can donate the funds to ensure they go directly to supporting patients!
Write a note specifying your name, the event you hosted, and a list of donor information.
Donor information should include:
- Donor’s name
- Donor’s address
- Amount donated
Their information is only necessary if they want their donation attributed to them on our website or would like a tax receipt.
Send the cash and note to our main office:
PO Box 884
Seymour, CT 06483
Have the check writer put “Project Purple” on the “Pay to the Order of” line. Write your name, the event name, and the year. It may be abbreviated at your discretion.
If the check doesn’t have the donor’s address, include a note with their information if they want a tax receipt.
Send the check(s) and note to our main office:
PO Box 884
Seymour, CT 06483
Please contact us for support if you’d like us to set up a fundraising page for online donations.
Try Project Purple in a Box
Introducing Project Purple In A Box! This new program provides you with everything you need to host a successful Project Purple event, including informative resources to print, promotional items, tablecloths, balloons, and more.
Whether planning a small gathering or a large event, we have the perfect Project Purple Box package for you. Choose from the Purple LITTLE Box for events with 20-50 people, the Purple MIDDLE Box for events with 50-100 people, or the Purple BIG Box for events with 100+ people.
And if you need additional materials, don’t worry! We offer the option to request add-ons so you can have all the tools you need to make your event a success.