Let’s say you’ve been training all year to run for the Portland Marathon. Suddenly you find out that there’s a really cool, running-focused charity out there that funds pancreatic cancer research (that’s us), but they’re not a partner of the Portland Marathon! In fact, the only marathons Project Purple is partnered with are way too far away for you to get to with your tight schedule. No sweat, this is exactly why we created the Pioneer Program. It’s a DIY program that empowers runners all over the country to take the initiative and become their own, one-human fundraising/running powerhouse! At Project Purple, we know how important the cause is to you. We want you to be a part of our team, even if you can’t join us on any of our officially partnered marathons. We want as many people as possible running and fundraising along with us, and we will give you the tools to become a successful member of the Project Purple Team. Details:
- All the money you fund raise goes towards raising awareness and finding a cure for pancreatic cancer
- Minimum fundraising level of $500.00 (this is not required, but must be met in order to receive a team singlet)
- Personalized training
- Fundraising web page and fundraising assistance
- Inclusion in all marketing efforts
- Your own Project Purple singlet and other race-day gear ($500 minimum fundraising required to receive these benefits)
Joining us is easy. Fill out the application below and get started fundraising for the cure any race of your choosing. You will be asked to sign the application upon completion. Doing so simply means that you have answered everything to the best of your knowledge. If accepted into the program, you will be asked to sign a waiver, but you can opt out of the program at any time with no penalties.